Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Addicted to the flea market

I'm becoming seriously addicted to the Melrose Trading Post. I feel like every time I go I end up seeing way too much stuff that I like. Which reminds me, I still have a bunch of empty frames in the garage I need to figure out what to do with. Oops. 

Anyhow, on my most recent trip with my decorating accomplice Marissa, I came home with this darling little...I don't know what to call it.  Cabinet?  Sideboard?   I don't know. 


I did an initial walk by and when the lady told me she was looking for $60 I kept walking. But then I had to drag Marissa back when I couldn't stop thinking about how cute this little table/cabinet/whatever would look in our living room. And I do believe it looks pretty adorable. 



I talked the lady down to $45 which I'm happy with. It's solid wood, with a fairly crappy white paint job. It's the kind of thing I could probably find for way cheaper unpainted at a thrift store or craigslist, but I liked this one enough to grab it in the moment.


I dig the detailing, and it really fits perfectly in the spot. I threw some stuff on top for now, but I'd love to add something with a little more height.  Maybe a vase or something?  By the way do you like the dirt smear on the wall?  Thanks, dogs.



It sits in front of an outlet, so I want to cut an opening in the back and use it to store our laptop cords when they're not in use.   Previously we let the cords just sit on the ground in front of the outlet which also looked super classy.  Note the unpainted interior.  Yum!  Oh and the blurry Mabel head ruining my shot. 



Bonus living room shot to show how the cabinet fits. I swear at some point, possibly before we've lived in our house for a year, I will hang things on the living room wall.

1 comment:

  1. It looks fab just the way it is..just don't keep it open at all, ha ha.

    It might be a cool place to put wine glasses/drink station during a party too.

    ReplyDelete